This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

OUTLIER DETECTION ERROR

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Hello,

I attended to Advanced analytics Workshop at MSTR world in Barcelona last july.

Now I'm trying to do the workshop as a POC.

All the integration works fine and I do a Forecast and ARIMA,

but with Outlier metric I get an Error.

I try this.

RScript<_RScriptFile="SeasonalForecasting.R",_InputNames="Revenue, MonthIndex,MonthOfYear",_OutputVar="Outlier",NumericParam1=3,StringParam9="SeasonalForecast">(Revenue, MonthIndex, MonthOfYear)

And the error.

2014-10-15 9:19:04 CRSupport_FO::ParseRScript: The output 'Outlier' specified in the _OutputVar parameter is not defined.

Outlier is the name of the new metric also.

Thanks.
Oct 15, 2014 at 2:21 PM
This would seem to indicate the header block in your script is missing an entry for the output call Outlier. Can you make you at the top of the script in the MicroStrategy head block that there's an output defined using a line that should look something like:

RVAR Outlier -output -numeric -vector

If that's not the easy fix, please the complete header block (and the script too would be good) and we can dig a little deeping into what's gong on.

Thanks,

Rick
Oct 15, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Hi Rick,

I put the line (first on top but normal Forecast then doesn't work).

There is the header after the modification.
#MICROSTRATEGY_BEGIN
#
#RVAR Target -input -numeric -vector
#RVAR Trend -input -numeric -vector
#RVAR Season -input -vector

#
#RVAR FileName -parameter StringParam9
#
#RVAR Forecast -output -numeric -vector  #Metric Expression: RScript<_RScriptFile="SeasonalForecasting.R", _InputNames="Target, Trend, Season", StringParam9="">(Target, Trend, Season)
#RVAR Outlier -output -numeric -vector
#
#MICROSTRATEGY_END
PD: the workshops was very usefull, tnks a lot. I hope you enjoy a little bit the city