This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

reading PMML into MicroStrategy, latest version not supported

Aug 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM
I created a predictive model using R and saved the result using the PMML package. but when I want to import the model into MSTR, I get the following error stating that the version of PMML (which is the latest version) is not supported.

Imgur

I could not find the option to export PMML in a different version in the R package. Is there a way to do that? Is MSTR going to add an update for the latest version?
Aug 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Thanks for passing this along. We do have PMML 4.2 on our radar screen, nice to see demand for it. I cannot comment now as to when we will have support for PMML 4.2, but I can suggested a less-than-ideal workaround that could get you going in the meantime. The vast majority of PMML features in 4.2 are identical to the features of earlier releases that we do support. It could very well be that your PMML doesn't use or require a new PMML 4.2 feature at all. So, you could edit your PMML can manually lower the version number to 4.1 (and it's XSD reference, if any) and then try to import the PMML. If there does happen to be a 4.2 feature in the PMML that MicroStrategy cannot handle, you should see an error message with potentially useful information about exactly what feature is causing the problem. On the other hand, there's a good chance that your PMML does not use a feature MicroStrategy does not yet support and you'll have bypassed this basic version number check that preventing your PMML from being imported.

If you do give this a try, please respond back with your results.

Also, I would ask that you open a Tech Support case so we can track this issue and you'll get notified as to it's progress.

Thanks, and good luck!