This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installing R integration pack

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Hello,

I am a little bit confused. Could you tell me where I have to install all components (R enviroment, R script functions, MicroStrategyR Package for R)? I have MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, where is a MicroStrategy softwhere. I am using MicroStrategy web GUI.

Thank you for the answer.
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding. Hopefully you found the answers you need in the User's Guide (see the Documentation tab).

The short answer is that R and the RScript functions need to be installed wherever MicroStrategy does calculations.
  • That's always the Intelligence Server for users who connect to it using Web, Developer and Mobile. Keep in mind that, after installing the RScript functions on the I-Server, they still need to be added to the metadata of each project, so be sure to run the Configuration Wizard to update your projects.
  • MicroStrategy Developer (since derived metrics in 3-tier run on the client, not the I-Server, and any time you connect via 2-tier).
  • MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop