How to render R generated Graphical view (e.g Box Plot, scatter plot) in Microstrategy Report/Document

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I have a Box plot which is running on R. Now I would like to show the same box plot from Micorstrategy? Does it supprted by R Integration pack?

e.g I have simple R Code which is showing Box Plot on R console, how do I render same box plot on Microstrategy Report -
data <- read.csv("c:/R Poc/churn.csv", header = TRUE)
boxplot(data$CNT_LOW_BAL_L15D~factor(data$TARGET),main="Distibution of Count of low balance in last 15 days",xlab="0-Non Churners 1- Churners",ylab="count",col="grey")
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM
You can save the R image as a file to the file system (as, say, a JPEG) and then incorporate that image in your MicroStrategy document.

Hope this helps,

Rick
Nov 21, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Thanks for your prompt response.
Saving image will be static, how can we make it dynamic. I mean pass metrics value as parameter from Microstrategy, then generate the plot based on parameter value and show it in document. Is there any way to do this using R Integration pack.

Thanks-
Shibobrota
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Sorry, I should have been more clear when about how to "incorporate that image in your MicroStrategy document" -- you use a container on the document that references the image file (in other words, you don't statically add the image to the document). When the document is re-executed, the "grids" on the document are executed first and the R script will update the image file, which will then be dynamically picked up when the document is created at the end of the flow. Does this make sense?